Salary Range: $29.55 to $38.23 (EEG Tech) / $38.72 to $50.10 (Sr. EEG Tech) Hourly
Final Filing Date: Open Until Filled
The EEG Technologist or Senior EEG Technologist performs routine and complex EEG procedures, bedside monitoring, in-lab monitoring, WADA, Ambulatory, cortical function mapping, long-term video monitoring, SPECT scan recordings and intra-operative monitoring procedures on patients of various ages. The incumbent performs EEG procedures on hospital inpatients and outpatients. The Senior Technologist assists in training EEG Technologists as needed and provides assistance and technical guidance to the Fellow/Resident Physicians with respect to the various functions in the Laboratory.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
EEG Technologist: Must have either recent and current registration (R.EEG.T) as certified by the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic Technologists (ABRET) or R.E.T certification by the Canadian Board of Registration of EEG Technologists (CBRET) or meet eligibility criteria for the R.EEG.T or R.E.T and achieve certification within one year of hire.
Sr. EEG Technologist:Must be a Registered EEG Technologist (R.EEG.T) certified by the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic Technologists (ABRET) or Registered EEG Technologist (R.E.T.) certified by the Canadian Board of Registration of EEG Technologists (CBRET) with several years demonstrated working experience.
• Advanced knowledge and skills to practice, principles and specialized techniques in areas of expertise.
• Ability to measure and accurately apply disc electrodes to predetermined areas utilizing knowledge of the International 10/20 system. Must have the knowledge of electrode placement to accurately monitor physiological artifacts and apply additional electrodes.
• Working knowledge of medical terminology to accurately transcribe physicians' orders.
• Ability to efficiently use computer system to retrieve pertinent patient information through the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and to maintain clinical database.
• Written and oral communication skills to clearly and concisely provide information, explanations, and instructions to, and to elicit information from others with varying levels of ability to understand, including individuals who are ill or distressed, or for whom English may be a second language.
• THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT.
• Must participate with the rotating on-call schedule for weekdays, weekends and holidays.
Additional Salary Information: $29.55 to $38.23 (EEG Tech) / $38.72 to $50.10 (Sr. EEG Tech) Hourly