Location: Rye Brook, New York
Internal Number: REQ-020982
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Receive and sort medical samples by product line or specimen type for laboratory testing. This includes opening, patient verification, data entry of requisition number by scanning barcode or manual entry. Must be able to use a computer for data entry and specimen verification. Position requires the ability to identify samples that need to be followed up for clarification.
Shift - 10:00 p.m. - 6:30 a.m.
- Receive and sort medical samples by specialty type for laboratory testing.
- Reconcile all specimens received.
- Verify the number of bags and jars and the type of specimens received against the courier's manifest.
- Discrepancies will be brought to the attention of the driver, the laboratory supervisor and the Logistics manager and will be noted on the "Reconciliation Discrepancy Log".
- Enter this information in SpecRec lab flow application by scanning each requisition or manually entering in absence of barcode, printing a recon ID if no bar code is present or the bar code is not working.
- After verification, jars are placed in a segmented bin in their own pigeon hole. The specimens are identified and triage by specimen type.
- Once the appropriate bin is full they are placed on central counter for the data entry clerks for accessioning.
- Must be able to identify samples that are not processed in-house, but are forwarded to a third party reference laboratory (Send Out).
- Capable of processing send-back and confirmation specimens. This includes specimens that were either sent to CBLPath in error, received unlabeled or questionable.
- Perform begin and end of work task according to the Pre-Technical SOP
- Scan requisition and second opinions reports into OnBase as needed.
- Run reports for Requisition and Specimen check in at reconciliation accountability.
- Good problem solving skills needed.
- Perform other duty as assigned and directed by your supervisor or manager not limited to data entry
- Accurately and efficiently enter in all discrepancy, patient, physician and specimen information in driver manifest, air bill, reconciliation discrepancy log, client web, and lab manager.
- Ability to key recognizes requisitions, and arrange according to their product lines.
- Maintain an overall error rate less than 1%.
- Understanding of medical terminology.
- Follow all laboratory safety and housekeeping procedures.
- Follow all compliance, regulatory and laboratory policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma.
- Ability to type 40 wpm.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills as well as strong proofing skills.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to operate standard office equipment which includes menu-driven computer workstations, computer printers, office mailing machines, fax machines and basic laboratory equipment
- Able to multitask and strong time management skills
Company: Sonic Anatomic Pathology
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
CBL Path, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.